7-zip is a simple file extraction software that can compress and extract files depending on the file format. This is open-source software you can compress and extract the files in a high compression ratio without losing data.
7-zip has its 7z archive format and you can read and write several file formats.
Supported codecs formats: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR, and Z. Localization for 74 languages. Integration with Windows power shell. Powerful file manager. And Self-extracting capability for 7z format.
The Main Features of the 7-zip Format:
- Open Source Architecture.
- Very High compression ratio
- Strong and Advanced AES-256 encryption.
- Compression, Conversion, or encryption method.
- 5.16000000000 GB supporting files.
- Unicode files.
- Solid Compression without losing data
- Archive headers compressing
- LZMA method is the default compression method of 7z format.
- The main features of the LZMA method are listed as follows,
- Compression Speed Rate
- 1 MB/s on 2 GHz CPU
- Decompression Speed rate
- 10-20 MB/s on 2 GHz CPU
- Multi-Threading and P4’s Multi-Threading Supported.
- Less memory requires for compressing/decompressing files.
- 7-zip is open-source software so you can use any compression methods.
- Here all the compression methods are used by 7-zip
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows 10
- Windows 98
- Windows 8
- Windows 2003
- Windows XP
- Windows 2000
Install 7zip on Ubuntu Linux 20.04 LTS using P7zip desktop 2021
- Install p7Zip in the Linux/POSIX operating system.
- Hello, users today we are going to show you how to install and use 7-zip on POSIX or Ubuntu Linux 7Zip is file archiver software like WinZip or WinRAR but it has a better high compression ratio and it is much faster it is a popular open-source file archiver also available on windows platform for free.
- You can see the above discussion to check out how to install 7Zip in the windows operating system so let us get started.
- Now you have to open the ubuntu software center through the show applications menu search for 7-zip select p7zip desktop.
- Just click on install enter system user operating system password authenticate the p7zip desktop is now installed.
- You can change the permissions if you like. Immediately you have to extract the sample zip file right-click on any zip file select open with other applications select p7zip desktop.
- You can see the zip file contents simply just extract it you can see the contents are extracted.
- Now you have to compress a file right click on the file and select compress it shows different options you have to choose the zip option you can see there the zip file created.
- Next you have to verify its contents again so you can see the original file.
- That is all for today guys and thanks for reading this video if you found this article useful then please share and comment on this article and do not forget to press the notification icon to get notifications for our upcoming articles.